The Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) is a nationally recognized certificate for those seeking a challenging and rewarding career in accounting and finance, but not as a qualified CPA.
The ACAF program is:
- Applied: It uses authentic business scenarios that requires you to demonstrate the application of technical knowledge.
- Integrated: Ethics, communications and other soft skills valued by employers are integrated into technical and elective courses, and hands-on use of accounting and business software applications enhance workplace relevance.
- Relevant: You can choose from a list of electives that will best position you for placement and advancement.
- Online: All course content is offered exclusively online, and can be completed online, anytime, anywhere.
- Attainable: The ACAF can be completed in one year of full-time study or part-time at your own pace.
- Supported: You will have access to subject matter experts who will answer content related questions and provide coaching through the course requirements and applications.
As an ACAF holder you will be able to:
- prepare financial information to support management decision-making
- prepare financial statements and related disclosures for organizations with low to medium levels of complexity and a low level of uncertainty
- help prepare more complex financial statements
- support the development and maintenance of the organization’s management control and risk management systems
- calculate and report on financial and non-financial performance measures
- monitor and recommend improvements to accounting procedures, accounting information systems and internal controls
- monitor cash flow and cash flow requirements
- prepare budgets and forecasts for review by senior management
- prepare information for external auditors
- support the auditor in planning and executing the audit
- help prepare tax filings, provisions, reports and disclosures and comply with remittance requirements
Whether you’re a college accounting diploma holder, working in an accounting function without a recognized credential or an internationally trained accountant wanting to work in Canada, the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) provides the applied accounting and finance skills necessary to enhance your prospects.
Access the Canadian Job Market
Internationally trained accountants often find that Canadian employers are unfamiliar with their credentials. The ACAF may be the fastest, easiest way to secure your first Canadian accounting job.
The ACAF helps employers recognize your skills. Internationally trained accountants may be eligible for exemptions from technical courses, and you may be able to complete the ACAF in as little as six months.
Get Your First Accounting Job
If you’re an accounting diploma holder or are soon to earn your diploma, the ACAF provides you with credentials and skills that will give you an advantage when it comes to getting hired. The ACAF bridges the gap between the skills of diploma holders and employer needs.
ACAF is the most accessible and flexible intermediate certificate program in Canada. Accounting diploma holders may be exempted from individual courses by demonstrating academic or experience equivalency, and the entire ACAF program can be completed online at your own pace, in as little as one year — or less if you qualify for advanced standing.
Advance Your Career
The ACAF is recognized by Canadian employers. CPA is the pre-eminent name in Canadian accounting and the ACAF can provide you additional skills that will help you take on roles of greater responsibility.
The ACAF qualifies you for junior and intermediate level jobs in business, industry, government and public accounting. Online learning means minimal disruption to existing commitments, while electives allow you to select training in areas that are relevant to you.